Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan is aimed to provide useful and purposeful and relevant elementary education for all children in the 6-14 age group by bridging the social, regional and gender gaps, with an active participation of the community in the management of schools.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan – Scope
- A Programme with a clear time frame for universal elementary education.
- A response to the demand for quality basic education all over the country.
- An opportunity for promoting social justice through basic education.
- An effort at effectively involving the panchayati Raj Institutions, School management committees, village and urban slum level education committees.
- An expression of political will for universal elementary education across the country.
- A partnership between the central, state and the local government.
- An opportunity for states to develop their own vision of elementary education.
- All children shall enroll in school, education guarantee center, alternative school, back – to school camp.
- All Children have to complete five years of primary schooling.
- All Children have to complete eight years of elementary schooling.
- Focus on elementary education of satisfactory quality with emphasis on education for life.
- Bridge all gender and social category gaps at elementary education.
- Opening of new primary schools.
- Up gradation of primary schools in to upper primary schools.
- Integration of VIII with upper primary schools.
- Sanction of regular teachers to new schools(Primary & Upper primary) and additional teachers to existing schools as per RTE Act.
- Civil works – construction of school buildings, Additional classrooms, MRC Buildings, rooms for cluster resource centers(School Complexes), provision of compound walls toilets, electrification & drinking water facilities.
- Strengthening of Mandal Resource centers (MRC) and cluster resource centers(School complexes).
- Release of maintenance grants, school grants & Teacher Grants.
- Providing Teaching learning equipment grant to primary & Upper primary schools.
- Conduct of training to teachers
- Implementation of innovative activities for girls education, early childhood education, education of SCs & ST, urban deprived children minority children.
- computer education for upper primary schools.
- Research, evaluation, supervision & Monitoring.
- Interventions for children with special needs.
- Training of community leaders.
- Provision to mainstream out of school children by opening of residential/Non residential training centers.
- Supply of 2 pairs of free uniforms to all children, studying in government schools in classes I to VIII every year.
- Running of special residential schools for urban deprived children.
- Providing transport charges to the children of school less habitations.
At the District Level, the District Collector is the chairperson of the project.Project officer is appointed to implement the strategies of the project and to focus mainly on the project issues. The project officers is assisted by 6 Sectoral officers
Academic monitoring officer : On issues related to Pedagogy, research & Evaluation,Capacity building of teachers
Community Mobilization Officer : To look after the issues related to community mobilizations;
Inclusive Education Coordinator : will look after the issues of children with special educational needs;
Alternative schools coordinator : To look after the issues related to children out of schools.
Girl Child Development Officer : A lady officer is also positioned to look after the activities related to Girls’ Education, Early childhood Care and education on one hand and the KGBVs on the other.
MIS & Planning coordinator: An officer of the rank of a Gazetted officer with the knowledge in computer applications and drawn from the education dept, is kept in charge of the MIS wing as MIS & Planning coordinator.
Finance & Accounts Officer : in order to maintain the project accounts systematically, one officer in the cadres of the Asst Treasury Officer,is positioned as the Finance & Accounts Officer.
Executive Engineer :
On the Civil works side, 1 Executive Engineer is positioned by drawing them from the Govt Engineering Depts.